I LOVE MY LIFE!!
Well it's been a little while since I have been
able to post in here, and I've been and done so much I know it's going to be
hard to remember it all, but here goes….
The last few weeks in Australia were hectic to
say the least, I tried very hard to catch up with my loved ones, but epically
failed and missed out on seeing quite a few people. This was very disappointing
for me as I so badly wanted to say goodbye to everyone! But I suppose on a
brighter note, there is always Skype which I am getting very good at
using!
I left most of (if not all of) my packing until
pretty much the Sunday and Monday before I left, which in hindsight was
probably not the greatest (idea seeing my flight was 6pm Monday night), as I am
now missing things I thought I had packed! Such is life I guess! lol
My mum had flown up from Sydney on the Thursday
or Friday ( I can't remember) to help see me of on the Monday, and also to help
me attempt to organise the hot mess that was my bedroom.
With quite a bit of help from her (THANKS MUM!
YOU ROCK!) we managed to get everything packed and sorted by Monday afternoon,
and mum took me out to the airport at about 5ish.
I'd previously shed my tears at home about my
sister and nephew, only to find that I was to have a surprise encore at the
airport, and then it all started again! Emma (sister) and Phoenix (Nephew 3yrs
old) surprised me at the airport, and I in true cancerian fashion burst into
tears….
Phoenix pretty much didn't really grasp why I
was crying until the last minute before I boarded the plane, and OMG talk about
a knife to the heart (I'm even tearing up as I'm writing this… LAME). The look
on his little face, and him crying "Aunty Sally" was almost enough
for me to cancel going ANYWHERE!! After fleeing the sad party at the airport
gate, I boarded my flight…. The look on the Cabin Manager's face when I boarded
the flight, was enough to: a. tell me I had definitely not managed to look like
I hadn't been crying, and b. inevitably start my own pity party in business class….
The Cabin Manager was lovely, with only two other people in Business on this
BNE-SYD flight (Oh did I mention that all of this was going on at the DOMESTIC
TERMINAL! Embarrassing!) he came and sat with me most of the flight and chatted
to me about him buying a farm, how he used to play for Collingwood and about
why I was crying… of course!
Why is it the minute that you think you've
composed yourself, and someone asks you if you're okay, you immediately start
blubbering again…. This probably doesn't happen to all people, but it certainly
happens to me! lol
By the time we landed, I was definitely more
cheery and I now had a good knowledge of how many times Mr Cabin Manager had
found people sexing in the bathrooms on his flights, and a description of how
one woman decided to show him how it's done in a plane bathroom… apparently he
closed the door on her and walked away! Haha very strange conversation indeed!
But I was and still am very thankful that he'd cheered me up, as it would have
been a long 28 hours alone with my thoughts for the next legs of my flight had
he not. lol
I decided this time around (seeing I booked one
way) I was going to fly Business Class with Etihad so that I had a flat bed and
could sleep through the night. What a difference. The flight was great, I could
stretch my legs out in front of me the entire time, and it certainly wasn't
long before I was asleep on the Sydney to Abu Dhabi leg. Thankfully I got about
8 hours of semi-undisturbed sleep! Delightful! Landing in Abu Dhabi Airport was
great, the Etihad Business lounge was even better… I was offered a shower and
full access to their spa facilities! How fantastic! Alas, the downtime between
flights wasn't really enough to shower and possibly have a massage!
Champagne anyone??
Massage settings for my chair!
Champagne... and food!
Compression tights!
Next stop London! I arrived at the airport, and
was swiftly moved through passport control (thank you business class) and out
to collect my bags and head through customs...
My wonderful friend Will collected me from the
airport and drove me home to his for a quick shower then some food!
So about >>> HERE<<< I went
to sleep… and about >>>NOW<<< it’s actually almost four weeks
later! Whoops!
So lets summarise! I’m a gigantic slack bum and
haven’t really made the time to do some blogging… however…. I will attempt to
get back on the horse so to speak a little more often as of now! J
The past weeks I’ve spent in London have been
incredible! We’ve had mostly great weather, with a few dreary days before I
flew out to Spain (where I am currently!). Courtesy of such great weather, we
have had picnics! I’ve fallen in love with Pimms! Oh yes! I’ve managed to catch
up with a few very good friends (Bella & Rach) and have also managed to
acquire 7 new pairs of shoes, and a new Louis Vuitton handbag!
Pimms!!
Rach and I
More Pimms!
Tim Tams anyone?
Westminster Abbey
I’ve walked through a cow (Damien Hirst
exhibition at the Tate Modern Gallery) which was indeed very strange, and I’ve
had beers and Pimms in a big purple cow (Gigantic blow up cow on it’s back near
the London Eye… ) I’ve drunk too much red wine followed by too much champagne,
which in turn left me with a killer hangover (never again) and probably put my
liver function back by about 10%. But all in good fun! I’ve met a tonne of new
friends and shared many meals with said friends…
Aussie wine night!
Old Champagnes!
Dinner!!
I’ve discovered that the Bus anywhere takes an
awfully long time, and the tube is GROSS in summer! I’ve also discovered that I
can indeed sneeze 10 times in a row, and I suffer from Hay Fever in London on
windy days! I’ve learned never to leave the house without an umbrella… and old
shoes will give you blisters just like new ones if worn too much or without the
right kinds of socks!
I’ve seen two new movies… What to Expect When You’re Expecting and Snow White and the Huntsman… both not what I had expected…. And one
old movie….. “Fight Club” - NEVER AGAIN! That movie is all shades of
weird!
I’ve booked flights to three different
countries…. booked backpackers accommodation and booked tours…. I’ve booked an
apartment in Paris for four weeks and booked pastry courses and language
courses….
And as of Wednesday last week, I’ve been in
beautiful sunny Spain visiting my Aunty Jo! Who has very kindly been driving me
all over the place showing me the different places around Coin where she lives!
the Plunge pool in Spain
where I lunched in Torremolinos!
Okay that’s all from me now! I’m sure you’re
all bored out of your brains!
More to come from Spain soon!
Sal xx





love your holiday pics! im so jealous, definitely in need of a break!
ReplyDeleteI adore your holiday photos! x
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! :) Much appreciated! xx
ReplyDelete