It's been a busy day all around today! I had a wonderful bowl of coffee with a dear dear friend this morning, who had all sorts of fabulous news to tell me! I am very proud of her and ever so happy for the wonderful things to come for her!
After my bowl of coffee, I had an appointment to have my eyebrows touched up! The lovely Diana Joyner, initially tattooed my eyebrows about 4 weeks ago, and today I had my touch up appointment!
Generally I fill my brows in, but decided after seeing a friends that I would go and have them done! Word to the wise... down some panadol or neurofen before you go, and emla cream is your friend (not that I used it)! I did the panadol the first time, and forgot this time round, and my god the pain difference was HUGE! Last month on a scale of 0 to Texas Chainsaw Massacre I would have put the paint at around a 3... This time, we were definitely a lot closer to Texas Chainsaw Massacre! lol I don't now why, but today really hurt! The outcome however, are lovely defined brows, that well, look a little dark at the moment, but will be lovely in about a week's time!
So I was bored this afternoon, and decided to whip up a vanilla butter cake with musk butter cream icing!
I didn't document the whole process, and if anyone wants the recipe let me know.
The oven in our house, literally has a life of it's own! It's warmer on one side of the oven and no matter which setting I try, it's always something different! My 45-50 minute baking time took 25 minutes!
I've had the icing in the freezer for a while, as I made another cake earlier this year with the same icing, but after thawing it out, adding some extra butter, and giving it a good belting around, all was lovely, purple and lustrous! I added a few silver cachous and voila!
My bowl of coffee!
After my bowl of coffee, I had an appointment to have my eyebrows touched up! The lovely Diana Joyner, initially tattooed my eyebrows about 4 weeks ago, and today I had my touch up appointment!
Generally I fill my brows in, but decided after seeing a friends that I would go and have them done! Word to the wise... down some panadol or neurofen before you go, and emla cream is your friend (not that I used it)! I did the panadol the first time, and forgot this time round, and my god the pain difference was HUGE! Last month on a scale of 0 to Texas Chainsaw Massacre I would have put the paint at around a 3... This time, we were definitely a lot closer to Texas Chainsaw Massacre! lol I don't now why, but today really hurt! The outcome however, are lovely defined brows, that well, look a little dark at the moment, but will be lovely in about a week's time!
You'll have to excuse the horrible photo, but you get the idea. Dark and angry at the moment!
So I was bored this afternoon, and decided to whip up a vanilla butter cake with musk butter cream icing!
I didn't document the whole process, and if anyone wants the recipe let me know.
The oven in our house, literally has a life of it's own! It's warmer on one side of the oven and no matter which setting I try, it's always something different! My 45-50 minute baking time took 25 minutes!
I've had the icing in the freezer for a while, as I made another cake earlier this year with the same icing, but after thawing it out, adding some extra butter, and giving it a good belting around, all was lovely, purple and lustrous! I added a few silver cachous and voila!
Cake!
Hope you are all safe and well!
SJ xx


No comments:
Post a Comment