Hi All, Well I once again am back in the skies, it’s been a whole three weeks since my last long haul flight, and truth be told the thought of flying again has been sending chills up my spine for the past week at least!
It’s been a very odd few weeks being back at home, I’ve felt like sleeping….alot….. for some reason that just hasn’t been happening though. I think knowing that I have had this 2 month trip coming, amongst the billion other things that float through my head have been very underwhelming at the least and probably the exact reason for my lack of sleep… The thought of another two hours or possibly more playing packing Tetris is just enough to curl my toes! Unescapable and unavoidable at best!
So for the past two weeks at least I have been trying to get business in order (organised chaos) to make sure that everything is available to me while I am away and if I am unable to access something at least then someone will be able to find files at least in amongst my mess.
Along with being a fantastic organiser this weeks, I have been trying to make sure that I remember Christmas presents, birthday presents, thank you presents, for friends and family while I am away! (See I do need a PA! – apply within!) There are also friends and family that I have things for, that just have not made it to their recipients as yet. I’m belatedly sorry… and sorry in advance!
Oh… I don’t think that I mentioned that I am currently writing this from the air – Somewhere near India I would say! Seatbelt sign is on and daring people to live on the edge, by getting up to go to the loo…. When ya gotta go ya gotta go! This is my second flight for the last 15 hours. Apparently we DID have to disembark the aircraft at Singapore’s Chaingi airport (much to my travel agents reassurance otherwise), it was about an hour or so waiting around there was at least a good chance to get up and stretch my legs., About half an hour ago, I decided much to my better judgement to take a sleeping tablet, and currently I think it’s kicking in…. cause all the keys are blurring into one another and I can barely keep my eyes open.
I’m thinking that another ten minutes or so and I’ll be out for the count for just a little while at least.
So, for those of you reading this, wondering where little ‘ol Chanel is, well Adam is looking after her while I am away as I trust him, she knows him, and the garden/house is absolutely dog proof! Lol
Okay so a couple of paragraphs up I took a sleeping tablet, and upon completing the previous sentence, I may have also fallen asleep practically in my keyboard! Alive and awake now I am sitting at Abu Dhabi airport, I’ve just cleared through the transfers area and am praying that this last leg of my flight will be swift!
I’m vowing never to travel long distance in Economy EVER EVER again! (Sorry Manda, but you may be left in coach alone on the way home :oP) I need a flat bed! End of story! But seriously I’m about to board the plane for the third time within a 24 hour period, I’ve spent collectively about 5 hours so far sitting at airports and waiting in queues! Just insanity! All I want is to lie flat on my back with a pillow and a doona! Oh bring it on! lol
The lady I have been sitting beside has been quite pleasant, other than the couple of times she quite verbally abused at the woman behind her for knocking her chair. For some reason I think Etihad’s economy seats are a lot smaller than Qantas/British/Vaustralia. It’s either that or my backside is growing at a rapid pace! They certainly manage to pack you in like sardines!
It’s 1.20 in the morning in Abu Dhabi by the looks of a few of the buildings on our way in I’m really really glad that we are stopping here on the way home! YAY!
So I've been up pacing around the back of the plane... the below are my random musings from my iPhone:
This year so far I have had 6 major international flights! And about 30 domestic flights, which means I've taken off and landed around 36 times probably more of you count all the times I have had layovers in other places along the way. What never ceases to amaze me and take my breath away are the moments in the plane when you look out of the window and see such amazing scenery. These fleeting glances of tropical island coasts, bustling cities and never ending countryside are some of my favourite moments, and no matter how many times I see it, I always have a huge goofy smile on my face.
As we flew over Singapore this afternoon, the sun was just going down, and there must have been 500 or more ships out in the bay, huge container ships waiting to pick up cargo, all spotted along the water like a game of battleship.
One of my other favourite sights are the clouds, floating around like fairy floss! I think I would like to sit on a cloud, the way Katy Perry does in her film clip for California Girls, minus the blue hair, plus some clothes! If anyone knows how I might achieve this cloudy fantasy, please let me know!
So currently I'm pacing around at the back of the plane, and this time I needed to pee! No toilet dramas this time, but a quite quizzical moral dilemma that I have not yet come across on a plane! Do I pee with the window shade up or down? Yes my toilet has a window!! Very strange indeed! Each time I have been in so far, I've opted to shut the blind, but why? Who's going to see me? A seagull? Another flight? God? All three? And what would they think?
We've got 3hours and 15 minutes until we land, and fortunately for me, everyone seems to be English, or from somewhere around Europe, which means that passport lines should be relatively small! Yay!
Are we there yet? 3hours and 13minutes! Possibly thinking I should go and fit in another movie before we land! Yay.... <---- Heavy Sarcasm!
Okay that’s me about done until I’m in Ye Ol’ London Town!
Luv to you all!
SJ xx
No comments:
Post a Comment