Monday, November 28, 2011

Old London Town

Well,  I have arrived! I'm finally in London! Back in London I guess I should say!

I got in yesterday, but didn't really do a hell of a lot, as I was a bit jet lagged, so I took to staying close to Will's house (Will is my wonderful friend who is letting me stay in his lovely apartment in South Kensington <3) and only ventured out as far as the first foody type place I saw for a burger and onion rings (oh yeah I'm the epitome of health) and then I came home and went to sleep! Oh I did buy some lovely tulips outside South Kensington Station as well, they are beautiful and orange. I slept til 11.30pm, and then got up for an hour with a splitting headache, found some peppermint tea and some crackers and then went back to bed an hour or so later.

This morning I decided I would catch the tube to Oxford Circus and take a wander around Oxford St. This is London's fashion hub, and it just about has 2 of everything! If you head down Regent St you get all the wonderful brands and Hamley's the toy store!

For a Monday and a work day I was surprised at how many people were out and about. I was also surprised at the amount of people toting carry-on sized suitcases around. I caught myself wondering if I had missed the memo on some latest craze of carrying around luggage?  I finally figured out that people were using them to store their shopping! lol I saw two girls loading bags from Zara and Topshop into their suitcases. Good idea ladies! I like how you roll! (Pardon the pun).

I really do love it here, there is just so much to see and do. London is so rich in culture and history, a walk down almost any street has you passing little coffee shops that sit next to buildings that have been standing for hundreds of years. There is such an amazing array of smells as you wander around as well, one minute it's freshly brewed coffee the next it's fresh waffles or crepes. Lucky you can't get fat just from smelling wonderful foods as I'd be the size of a house, especially seeing I may linger a little longer outside the waffle places!

So a quick tube ride back to South Kensington station, and a stop in the local grocery store for something to have for lunch, and I am now back at Will's sitting in his very comfy chairs downstairs writing!

I think I will be going out for dinner tonight, but I'll wait and see what happens!

Luv to you all!

SJ xx


No comments:

Post a Comment