On average I would probably pack a suitcase approximately 40 times a year. This has somewhat made me a bit of a pro when it comes to the game of 'suitcase tetris'! I know that I save a considerable amount of room by shoving my toiletries (excluding my toothbrush) into my shoes, I know to fill little gaps in my pre-rolled clothing items with undies and anything else that is soft and small, I know that if I put parfume bottles inside socks inside jumpers all rolled up, they will survive Qantas baggage handlers! I also know not to put toiletries inside shoes without first putting them inside plastic bags, especially toothpaste... bye bye red suede peep-toes!
This time, I will be doing all the above, but I have invested in a few little things to make life a little easier! The first being a 20 dollar jewellery case from Diva! What I normally do is carefully place any jewellery I am traveling with in a velvet pouch. The big fat downfall of this is by the time I go to use any of it, I have to spend half an hour untangling each necklace and earring from a big shiny ball of knotted chains, plastic beads and dangly things! Mission!! So enter organized jewelry thing!
The other investment for my journey was my new new totally indestructible suit case from the Samsonite Cosmolite range! This thing is incredible! With its silver carbon fibre good looks, it's a rather sleek looking piece of European ingenuity! If you go to YouTube, and type in 'Samsonite Cosmolite' you can actually watch my suitcase get hit, head on by a car and then spring back to life! Incredible!
So between starting this post and finishing this post, I've successfully packed my bag, then culled my bag, and quite literally now I am on the way to the airport, with a cabbie who doesn't find my sense of humor funny, even one tiny little bit! Lol oh well!
To the airport!
SJ xx


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteENJOY SAL! x
ReplyDelete