Hope you are all safe and well!
The past two days have been pretty laid back as Eloise and I have been a bit sick, so we have mainly been at home just chilling out, as well as done some work here and there.
Yesterday we had our first trip to a CostCo, where everything including the butter is supersized! It's absolutely incredible! So much stuff and all in Bulk! There were people everywhere buying everything from Diamonds to Cheese! Absolute insanity.
We then went to Quality Foods (QF) to get a few other groceries, QF is like a woolworths but again on steroids, as I am slowly learning everything in the good ol' USA is!
Each shop really tries hard to out-do the next, business seems very competitive here, which I suppose in the long run is advantageous for consumers as everyone is trying to undercut one another! I know we are getting a few CostCo's opening up in Oz, and I say bring em on!
Today, has also been a little bit slower than we would have liked. We worked first up this morning, and then later in the afternoon, I put my elite driving skills to the test and we had our first driving adventure, driving on the wrong side of the road! It was alot of fun, but it is a constant battle with your brain as to what is actually right, and what isn't! lol It is definitely something that you need to concentrate on, completely, otherwise you may find yourself in a gutter or up a median strip!
We went back to QF to pick up a few items so that Eloise and I could made dinner for Dan and Kris. After a few photos and HI 5's about actually reaching our destination (much to the bewilderment of onlookers who couldn't understand our elation and giggling) we went inside to get the few things we needed, via the Ben and Jerry's section of the freezer, of course and then headed back to the house.
The Ben and Jerry's freezer! mmm
Random MnM flavours
Eloise and I then set to cooking up a storm! (and at the same time, the Sound outside was definitely whipping up some crazy winds). We made a chicken and rice thing for dinner, and then a cherry pavalova for dessert, which went down a treat! :) *unbuttoning jeans*
So that has been the past two days, nothing overly crazy or anything, which suits me just fine! Currently El and I are planning our trip out to Forks (home of the Twilight series for those of you who don't know) and La Push (the famous beach from the Twilight series). This is a ferry trip and a 3 and a half almost 4 hour drive from where we are at Mukilteo. We haven't yet decided if we are going to stay the night or not but we will get that figured out soon. Also on the agenda for the week is the Seattle Aquarium and Space Needle and we have a whale watching trip planned on Saturday to see the Orka's which will be amazing!
If anyone has any suggestions as to what else we should be seeing, I would looove to know! :)
We leave Seattle all too soon on the 17th and then head down to Los Angeles.
I've just read back over this post and it's a little boring, so apologies if you actually made it this far! lol
Talk to you all soon!
SJ xx
No comments:
Post a Comment