No doubt it is something that I picked up off the plane, Eloise is also on the sick side, I found her curled up on the floor around the toilet bowl at around 3am this morning (Sunday). My sick is thankfully not the vomit kind, it's' the raging mucosy sore throat kind! The pharmisist suggested I go to the doctor, but that will have to wait until tomorrow!
So I have a little confession to make... on Saturday night when I blogged, I may have left out a little incident I had with the toilet on Friday night........ For those of you who haven't been here, in the states the toilet bowl is half full of water. I wish I knew why, but I don't. Can't for the life of me understand it, and I don't think I ever will!
Soooo... the story goes... that I needed to go to the loo..... now unbeknown to me, toilets in the USA are ANGRY!!!!!! :( They lull you into a false sense of flushing security, and then the minute you turn your back, BAM! Angry toilet water is rising!!! I flushed the toilet and all seemed to be fine, but then there was a loud gurgle, and I watched the water start rising.... Now at this point, I am not entirely sure what was going through my head, but once again, I reached for the toilet flushing handle, and pressed it down again.... HOLY SH17 more water rising..... It stopped just clear of overflowing the bowl!
I've whipped out my phone, and sms'd Amanda (not sure what I thought she could do, but I was panicking)... Sms's are as follows:
Me: Om my F***ing god I've backed up the toilet!!!
Me: Oh my F***ing god!! Oh god!! Oh my god!!
Manda: What the??? are you okay??
Me: hahaha no! I'm panicking!!!!
Manda: Can you not use toilets in America??? HAHAHA <--- Gee thanks Manda!
Me: Apparently not!! What the f*** do I do??? The water is like slowly going down, but oh my god! What if I can't unblock it?
Me: I'm gonna have to stick my hand in
Me *SOB*
Manda: Find a plunger?? is anyone awake?
Manda: hahahahahaha
Me: Yes how embarrassing!!! WTF is with these kinds of toilets!!! What the farq!!!!
Me: No! I'm not having fun
Me: okay so I found a plunger
Me: But I dont know how to use it!
Me: Oh my f***ing god!
Me f***ing!
Manda: I meant in general not with the toilet!! you are making me crack up!!! In and out like a plunger!!!
Me: I have never used a plunger!!!
Me: Oh my f***ing god!
Me: Can a plunger get dirty?
Manda: it's literally like a coffee plunger in and out to cause air etc or whatever lol yes
Me: Oh my god! I'm freaking out!
Manda: You are so cute!!! Can it get dirty lollll
Me: Crisis averted! I'm f***ing exhausted! That was almost a panic attack! Oh my god!
Manda: I'm sorry I know you were freaking out but seriously!! Only you!!! Break shit on your second night!!!
And that was that! Seriously! I DIE! If I never have to see a backed up toilet again for the rest of my life I will die a happy lady!
Okay... on with the rest of the trip! Toilet saga's aside!
Yesterday, (Saturday) was the most beautiful day we have had so far. We woke up to completely clear skies, and it only got better as the day wore on. By about 12pm, I was completely regretting my choice of singlet, long sleeve top and hoodie!
Dan and Kris took us to an outlet mall on the northern side of Everett, which is about 20 minutes drive from the house at Mukilteo. The mall is very similar to our Harbour Town on the gold coast, but on steroids! They had EVERYTHING! Coach, Juicy Couture, Ralph Lauren, True Religion, Nine West, Burberry and pretty much everything in, over, under and in-between. Things were a fair bit cheaper, but as far as pricing goes, it was all very similar to what we get in Oz.
Oh did I mention that they have drive through everything here??!!! Banks, Pharmacy's, Starbucks, Taco Bell! Banks were surprising... I thought that was a little odd, same with Pharmacy's! Team not having to get off your backside with the giant servings, and buying in bulk at CostCo, and I can fully understand why they have such a huge obesity problem!
I thoroughly enjoy not having to get out of the car to get a coffee though!! haha lazy pants! I also haven't mentioned that literally every second person has a pickup truck, these things are HUGE! I've never seen so many in my life!
After the outlet mall, which I could have easily spent hours and hours wandering around, we headed off to the Anderwood mall. This was like one of our Westfield shopping centres. They have Nordstrom and Maceys (similar to Myers) and then a huge range of specialty stores etc. All in all great for a wander around. But by about 6.30pm, my feet were killing and I seriously needed a drink!
Dan and Kris took us to the Keg and Barrell for dinner. It was really lovely, I had a really nice steak with a blue cheese crust, and a few lychee martini's and Eloise had some chicken and seafood thing, that she revisited later in the night, poor thing! :( By the time we left it was about 10.30pm and I think everyone was absolutely exhausted, and Bed was the only thing on the agenda!
Unfortunately I woke up at about 2am with a raging sore throat, and spent about an hour gargling salty water in hopes that I would feel a bit better in the morning, alas I did not! :(
So we've been to Costco (everything smells like plastic in that place) and the drug store this morning, and unfortunately I can't get any good drugs without a prescription, and apparently a prescription takes 2 days here because they actually swab and test before prescribing for what is probably toncilitis! Double YAY!
I literally LOL'd at the toilet saga...
ReplyDeleteI swear it's happened to me while there also.. I think it's just what their weird toilets do? .. At least you didn't fall into one and get a soaking butt (No, not me.. one of my friends while she was there)..
Why are they ever so full?
Sounds like you're having fun (apart from the whole sickness).... Enjoy pretty lady! x