London, I love london. I don't know why, or what it is about London that I love, but well it's love. True love! Which is why this decision has been so very very hard to make!
I'm going home. Yep... home to Brisbane.
Long story short, I've got some business opportunities that I just would be silly to say no to. In a way I'm very much looking forward to not having to pack a suitcase, sleep in a hotel, stand at an airport or do any of the above for at least a couple of months, OH and I'm DYING to drive my car! lol I never realised how much I was going to miss driving my car!! Sounds silly but it's totally not, it's all the little things that you realise you enjoy once they're no longer there to enjoy!
So, currently, I left Paris on Friday and took the Eurostar out of Gard de Nord and made the two hour journey back to old London town!
I've been staying in at the Novotel in Hammersmith, which has been surprisingly good but I suspect that is because I haven't been there an entire week! (Last Novotel stay was terrible!!)
I caught up with some friends on Friday night and went to a restaurant called Burger & Lobster in Mayfair. As the name would suggest this place does burgers and lobster... I kind of thought that they may have done a little more than just that, but alas no... they have three options on the menu, these are: Burger (beef), Lobster (grilled), Lobster Brioche type thing. Each is served with Fries and Salad. We arrived at 7 and put our names on the list for a table for 4. We got into the restaurant at about 9.30. Yep a two and a half hour wait for Burger & Lobster! They must be doing something right!! lol
All the waiting of course was done in a pub around the corner which was not overly rowdy (except for a table of rather drunk guys behind us, one in particular that kept showing us his nipples... yep... weird right?). It was awesome to catch up with my wonderful family (friends) from London! The fam consists of two wonderful Canadians and another equally awesome Aussie!
Dinner was good, I doubt I would wait that long again for a burger (I don't really like working for my dinner, and lobster can be a bit like that sometimes, you have to be in the mood I think!) but it was nice all the same!
I had lunch the next day with a friend and sat and people watched before it suddenly turned rather chilly and we both decided that it was probably time to leave!
Sunday I caught up with the same people for lunch, and made my way to the airport to check in for my 24 hour (give or take an hour or so) flight!
The flight was pretty good, I travelled Business, which means a flat bed so I could stretch out! I didn't sleep the first half of the flight, but the second flight I was out light a light for a good 6 hours which was nice! I touched down at Brisbane Airport a 6.30, and that was that! London to Brisbane 24 hours! Oh and minus 1 day! lol
Brisbane has been lovely so far, the weather has been lovely and cool in the mornings and evenings but nice and warm during the days! I do love a Brisbane winter! lol
Anyways, thats all for now, I'll keep you all updated with my movements!
Hope everyone is safe and well!
SJ x
I'm going home. Yep... home to Brisbane.
Long story short, I've got some business opportunities that I just would be silly to say no to. In a way I'm very much looking forward to not having to pack a suitcase, sleep in a hotel, stand at an airport or do any of the above for at least a couple of months, OH and I'm DYING to drive my car! lol I never realised how much I was going to miss driving my car!! Sounds silly but it's totally not, it's all the little things that you realise you enjoy once they're no longer there to enjoy!
So, currently, I left Paris on Friday and took the Eurostar out of Gard de Nord and made the two hour journey back to old London town!
I've been staying in at the Novotel in Hammersmith, which has been surprisingly good but I suspect that is because I haven't been there an entire week! (Last Novotel stay was terrible!!)
I caught up with some friends on Friday night and went to a restaurant called Burger & Lobster in Mayfair. As the name would suggest this place does burgers and lobster... I kind of thought that they may have done a little more than just that, but alas no... they have three options on the menu, these are: Burger (beef), Lobster (grilled), Lobster Brioche type thing. Each is served with Fries and Salad. We arrived at 7 and put our names on the list for a table for 4. We got into the restaurant at about 9.30. Yep a two and a half hour wait for Burger & Lobster! They must be doing something right!! lol
All the waiting of course was done in a pub around the corner which was not overly rowdy (except for a table of rather drunk guys behind us, one in particular that kept showing us his nipples... yep... weird right?). It was awesome to catch up with my wonderful family (friends) from London! The fam consists of two wonderful Canadians and another equally awesome Aussie!
Dinner was good, I doubt I would wait that long again for a burger (I don't really like working for my dinner, and lobster can be a bit like that sometimes, you have to be in the mood I think!) but it was nice all the same!
I had lunch the next day with a friend and sat and people watched before it suddenly turned rather chilly and we both decided that it was probably time to leave!
Sunday I caught up with the same people for lunch, and made my way to the airport to check in for my 24 hour (give or take an hour or so) flight!
The flight was pretty good, I travelled Business, which means a flat bed so I could stretch out! I didn't sleep the first half of the flight, but the second flight I was out light a light for a good 6 hours which was nice! I touched down at Brisbane Airport a 6.30, and that was that! London to Brisbane 24 hours! Oh and minus 1 day! lol
Brisbane has been lovely so far, the weather has been lovely and cool in the mornings and evenings but nice and warm during the days! I do love a Brisbane winter! lol
Anyways, thats all for now, I'll keep you all updated with my movements!
Hope everyone is safe and well!
SJ x
No comments:
Post a Comment