Well.. after the two monumental posts that I've made over the past couple of days about Spain and Greece, I will keep this one relatively short.
I'm currently in Paris! I've been here for two and a bit weeks, and up until yesterday, it's been ridiculously hot here! It's still been very beautiful. I'm staying in a beautiful little apartment near the Grands Boulevard which is affectionally being known as the Ghetto to me. If you take a walk down to the local grocery store (Monoprix) at any time of the day will find on any corner a long line of asian prostitutes and tall skinny black men with their jeans hanging halfway down around their knees (no relation to the prostitutes). Occasionally during the day I hear cars drive up my street playing PitBull or similar as guys with their hats turned slightly sideways nod along with the music! Kind of amusing to watch!
From about 10.45pm onwards it gets very quiet, and once I have closed up the windows to the apartment, it is deathly silent. This of course is a nice change from the noise of Athens or the roar of cruise ship engines!
One of the main reasons I decided to head to Paris was to partake in a French pastry course at a local patisserie. However, much to my disappointment I received an email last Friday to tell me that the course didn't get enough students and wouldn't be going ahead! So on the get out and do something different front, things have kind of been a bit of an epic fail. lol So instead of making French pastries, I decided to eat french pastries! Oh yeah! lol Compromise right?
Earlier last week I took a walk with a friend of a friend (a melbourne-ite who's doing some travel) and wandered around the streets of Paris. We walked from the Opera house up through the Champs Elysee, to the Arc de Triomph, then down to the Seine, passed the bridges and all the people "sun baking" along the river. It's quite unusual to see them actually, they've set up an artificial beach, and it gets absolutely crowded! The French Government have actually had to issue guidelines to everybody about nude sun baking along the river. I think the last place I would ever EVER EVER think to sun bake, let alone sun bake nude... lol ew!
Anyways, I did a bit of work while I was in gay Paris! headed out for lunches a few days in a row and then just chilled out the rest of the time! Which really was great after the craziness that was Greece! I've decided to head back to London over the coming days, as Paris has been a little quiet, and well London is still one of my favourite places on the planet! So for this reason and many, I'm headed back to London!
Anyways, hope you are all safe and well!
SJ x
I'm currently in Paris! I've been here for two and a bit weeks, and up until yesterday, it's been ridiculously hot here! It's still been very beautiful. I'm staying in a beautiful little apartment near the Grands Boulevard which is affectionally being known as the Ghetto to me. If you take a walk down to the local grocery store (Monoprix) at any time of the day will find on any corner a long line of asian prostitutes and tall skinny black men with their jeans hanging halfway down around their knees (no relation to the prostitutes). Occasionally during the day I hear cars drive up my street playing PitBull or similar as guys with their hats turned slightly sideways nod along with the music! Kind of amusing to watch!
My Paris Apartment!
From about 10.45pm onwards it gets very quiet, and once I have closed up the windows to the apartment, it is deathly silent. This of course is a nice change from the noise of Athens or the roar of cruise ship engines!
One of the main reasons I decided to head to Paris was to partake in a French pastry course at a local patisserie. However, much to my disappointment I received an email last Friday to tell me that the course didn't get enough students and wouldn't be going ahead! So on the get out and do something different front, things have kind of been a bit of an epic fail. lol So instead of making French pastries, I decided to eat french pastries! Oh yeah! lol Compromise right?
Pain au Chocolate! Oh Yeah!
Earlier last week I took a walk with a friend of a friend (a melbourne-ite who's doing some travel) and wandered around the streets of Paris. We walked from the Opera house up through the Champs Elysee, to the Arc de Triomph, then down to the Seine, passed the bridges and all the people "sun baking" along the river. It's quite unusual to see them actually, they've set up an artificial beach, and it gets absolutely crowded! The French Government have actually had to issue guidelines to everybody about nude sun baking along the river. I think the last place I would ever EVER EVER think to sun bake, let alone sun bake nude... lol ew!
If you don't know what that is, you need to get out more! lol
The Paris Opera House
Anyways, I did a bit of work while I was in gay Paris! headed out for lunches a few days in a row and then just chilled out the rest of the time! Which really was great after the craziness that was Greece! I've decided to head back to London over the coming days, as Paris has been a little quiet, and well London is still one of my favourite places on the planet! So for this reason and many, I'm headed back to London!
Anyways, hope you are all safe and well!
SJ x



No comments:
Post a Comment